Children in Years R, 1 and 2 are entitled to a free school meal each day. Children in Years 3,4,5 and 6 can have a choice of hot meal each day for £2.30.
Free school meals – pupil premium funding
All children in reception, year 1 and year 2 automatically get universal free school meals. However, parents and guardians of all children in the school who may qualify (including those in Year R, 1 and 2) are also encouraged to officially apply for free school meals when they enrol in the school as this attracts additional ‘pupil premium‘ funding to the school to support learning.
Please ensure that you register as this attracts additional money to our school which can have a great impact on the children's learning. You may also qualify for help with costs towards school trips etc. If you do not register we do not get the extra funding in school.
If you receive any of the following benefits please register and apply via the Devon County Council Citizen Portal which will result in an instant decision.
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
- Income Support (IS).
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA).
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA).
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment you get for a further 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
You can access the Citizen Portal by searching online for: Devon Citizen Portal
If your application is successful please bring proof to the school office such as a screenshot or print out of the result. If you have any questions please contact the school office.
Menu from 20th April 2021.