All children are expected to wear the school uniform. Uniform can be ordered from our supplier via their website www.brigade.uk.com please click here for direct to parent ordering, click here for direct to school ordering and click here for summer ordering deadlines. It is not compulsory to purchase uniform with logos from our supplier.
All children at Lifton School are expected to have a tidy appearance. The school expects all pupils to dress smartly and for hairstyles to be appropriate and of a natural colour. Extreme styles, including excessive shaving/tramlines, shaving patterns and mohican or mowhawk styles are not acceptable. The school and governing body reserve the right to ask parents to restyle inappropriate hairstyles. Makeup is not permitted.
- Royal blue sweatshirt or jumper
- White or royal blue short sleeved polo shirt with collar
- Grey or black trousers
- Socks in any of the uniform colours
- Black or brown sensible shoes. Black trainers are allowed.
- Summer alternative - smart knee length grey or black shorts
- Royal blue sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan.
- White or royal blue short sleeved polo shirt with collar.
- Grey or black skirt, pinafore dress or trousers
- Socks (or tights in winter in any of the uniform colours)
- Black or brown shoes – high heels, long boots or open backed/toed shoes are not suitable. Black trainers are allowed
- Summer alternative - smart knee length grey or black shorts or blue/white striped or checked dress
In bad weather, a change of shoes for indoors is encouraged. (Pupils are allowed to wear their PE trainers indoors if necessary occasionally).
PE Kit (from Summer Term for reception children)
- White round necked T-shirt
- Black, navy or royal blue shorts.
- A change of footwear – trainers. These must be additional to the ones worn to school.
- A change of socks
- Jogging trousers in winter
All clothing MUST be labelled with the child's name. Rings, necklaces and other jewellery can be dangerous in play and should not be worn to school at all. Although studs or sleepers are permitted, exposed earrings cannot be worn during PE lessons and must be removed or covered with tape. Long hair must be tied up or plaited in school or during PE lessons, including swimming. Games are seen as an important part of the school curriculum and as such we expect all children to participate. Participation is dependent on having suitable kit. Children will not be allowed to take part in their normal school clothing. However, if illness prevents your child’s participation, then please ensure that a covering note is sent to the class teacher.